Hello all~ this is the LiPaPo series, standing for Little Pagan Post. Every day I will post a short little post, exploring an aspect of my beliefs and practices. I hope you enjoy them ~ kitty hugs to all~ Joouna
I am a big fan of using crystals in witchcraft. They are like prisms, transmuting the energy into what we need. I have lots and lots of crystals lying around in my magic space but also all around my room.
Here I have compiled a list of my 10 most-used crystals, and a short description of uses I attribute to them.
- Red Jasper: Probably my favourite stone. Associated with the fire element and can give us courage, strength, determination and willpower.
- Amethyst: Associated with the water element, it enhances intuition, psychic ability and the spiritual connection, reduces anxiety, and can also help with sleep and dreams. Its energy is very similar to Lavender!
- Onyx: Very protective and grounding, like a large, sturdy shield. It also helps us remain calm, steadfast and cold-blooded in a fight, and grounded despite the hustle of today’s “civilised life”.
- Obsidian: Another very defensive stone, but much more intense than the onyx! Obsidian will draw in negativity and destroy it, and help us be courageous and aggressive.
- Rose Quarz: A peaceful, positive crystal that gives off an energy of love, happiness and contentment, and is associated with angelic beings.
- Lapis Lazuli: A stone wisdom and knowledge, but also honour and loyalty. Its deep, ancient, wise energy is associated with ancient deities and spirits (such as ancestral spirits).
- Malachite: A gentle yet powerful healing stone for the body but also the heart.
- Clear Quarz: This stone is like a satellite dish, it amplifies messages from the divine to us and enhances awareness and perceptiveness on all levels.
- Moonstone: This crystal’s energy resembles that of moonlight, giving intuitive insights, comfort, flexibility and also a wonderful helper for women’s cycles.
- Carnelian: A fiery stone of vitality, motivation, energy and health, the presence of this crystal reminds me of the sun.
I hope you found this informative ~ ^_^